Saturday, April 9, 2011

Testing Amazon Author Central.

Blog post should go there.

While editing "Darkling Romance" & "Journeys for the Pale Pilgrim," I noticed several structural errors I'd made. For one thing the files on my computer had margins that were messed up and the page size was incongruent with the page size for the book.

I had ordered copies of the books printed up so I atleast could read them over. Good thing nobody actually bought the ebook versions off of Smashwords yet or even Amazon. I also ended up copying and pasting a lot of text back and forth to make each book around 80 or 90 pages.

EDIT: Thursday I received two books even though one was shipped Ground and the other was Media Mail. Weds I got two books in the same shipment. Cost me a total of $66.69 for five books to be printed and shipped to me. I won't say the cost for each book, but considering it was printed-on-demand & I don't pay for hosting or bandwidth that's a pretty good price. Lulu.com is my "publisher."

No comments:

Post a Comment