Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ordered three more books, still editing.

I don't know why it's easier for me to edit the books after reading them on paper as they look when printed out in book format rather than editing on the screen. If my printer worked, I kinda doubt I would print all those pages out myself because they wouldn't be in book format then.

Does this make any sense? I spend the money to have them printed, i scribble barely legible notes here and there where I find mistakes. Which kinda means every page might be messed up. And, well, I'm doing editing of material it took nearly twelve or thirteen years to make in the first place.

It's not fresh in my head so I could have garbled something up which I could go back to reading and have no idea what the heck I meant by that. I almost feel I'm a whole different person right now than I was before. I'm not the same as I was back then. Mistakes I'd made which I didn't bother fixing until after several rough patches in my life.

I only self-published because I had a vague idea that my health would deteriorate to some degree that I wanted to be alive and well, seeing my books on paper no matter how. I couldn't stand the thought of rejection from the traditional press route. Oh well, I'm only 33. I'm not THAT old but it doesn't stop causing me to feel much older than my years and weary. I guess I'm taking too much stock in my own mortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment